The Rockfish Valley Foundation received its approval letter from the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 organistion on August 3 2006. It is eligible to receive grants and donations from the public. It filed its registration with the Commonwealth of Virginia on November 17, 2006 to solicit funds which is reproduced below.
ROCKFISH VALLEY FOUNDATION
REGISTRATION OF CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION AND CONTRIBUTION FORM REQUIRED FOR SALES TAX EXEMPTION FILING PURSUANT TO VIRGINIA CODE SECTION 57-49
THIS STATEMENT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SET FORTH IN THE ORDER REQUIRED IN SECTION 57-49.
1. Rockfish Valley Foundation is the organization and it is organized to inspire a healthy lifestyle by offering the Rockfish Valley Loop Trail system and its scenic valley lands for conservation, recreation, programs, and events as relate to the environment. It seeks to enrich the lives of the community by supporting Spruce Creek Park and the trails along the South Fork of the Rockfish River and Reid’s Creek for education, demonstration and rural tourism. Overall it seeks to preserve and promote the natural , historical , ecological and agricultural resources of the Rockfish Valley in Nelson County, Virginia.
2. Its principal address is 511 Rockfish Valley Highway, P O Box 235, Nellysford, VA 22958 and its registered agent is Peter A. Agelasto III whose address is 511 Rockfish Valley Highway, P O Box 129, Nellysford, ,VA 22958.
3. There are no other chapters, branches or affiliates.
4. The organization is a non profit corporation formed in the Commonwealth of Virginia August 18, 2005 as a Virginia not for profit corporation. The federal Tax Id number is 20-3481268 and its 501(c)3 status was issued by the Internal Revenue Service August 3, 2006 as a public charity.
5. There is no salaried employee nor any executive staff officer. The names of the officers and trustees are:
Peter A. Agelasto III, Chairman, Executive Committee
Craig Cooper, Vice Chairman, Executive Committee
Betsy Rawls Agelasto, Secretary, Executive Committee
Luis Castro, Treasurer, Executive Committee
Dale Weigel, Executive Committee
Frederick W. Winter (Rick), Executive Committee
John R. Zawatsky, Executive Committee
Peter A. Agelasto IV
Sharon A. Hudson
Hon. Parker Camp Agelasto, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
Paul Davis, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
Dr. Chip Morgan, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
Adm. Joseph W. Prueher, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
S. Waite Rawls III, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
Russell M. Reid, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
Hank Gibb, Founding and Emeritus Trustee
6. The latest financial information is for 2014.
7. The percentage that its fund-raising expenses for its preceding fiscal year bore to its support received directly from the public during such year is zero. There were no fund raising expenses and no funds received in 2005.
8. The Rockfish Valley Foundation intends to solicit contributions from the public directly but, not to have such done on its behalf by others.
9. The organization is not authorized by any other governmental authority to solicit contributions and no officer, professional fund-raiser or professional solicitor thereof, is or has ever been enjoined by any court or otherwise prohibited from soliciting contributions in any jurisdiction.
10. The contributions are to be solicited for operation expenses, capital improvements and endowment.
11. The Rockfish Valley Foundation is the name under which it intends to solicit contributions. The Foundation has the Rockfish Valley Loop Trail which will be the subject of certain fund raising.
12. Parker Camp Agelasto and Peter A. Agelasto III will have final responsibility for the custody of the contributions.
13. The entire Board of Trustees will have final say as to the distribution of contributions but significant contributions will come from grants and the grant will dictate the disposition of the funds.
14. Neither the organization, nor any officer, professional fund-raiser nor professional solicitor thereof, has ever been convicted of a felony.
15. The current articles of incorporation are on file with the Commissioner at the State Corporation Commissioner and there are no amendments. A copy of the bylaws is
16. The solicitations to be undertaken will be by personal contact, telephone, published literature, mailings, on-line requests through the Foundation’s website and through newspapers, magazines and published media of all types.
17. No funds have been or will knowingly be used, directly or indirectly, to benefit or provide support, in cash or in kind, to terrorists, terrorist organizations, terrorist activities, or the family members of any terrorist.
This registration form dated this 17th day of November 2006 is executed in the name of the Rockfish Valley Foundation by its president and secretary, to wit:
Peter A. Agelasto III (seal) President and Chairman __________________________
Betsy Rawls Agelasto (seal) Secretary ___________________________