“GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world on December 3, 2019 and every day.
It was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.”
A summary of RVF’s contributions to the community is below- be a part of #GivingTuesday this year and start your holiday season off right by donating to RVF!
WHO WE ARE:
Rockfish Valley Foundation (RVF), founded in 2005, offers to the Nelson community
- Rockfish Valley trail system
- free access to Spruce Creek Park.
- Access to its Natural History center
Our park includes six miles of trails along creeks and the Rockfish River where dogs can enjoy access to the water. Spruce Creek Park is the only public park in Nelson County. RVF also offers it’s Natural History Center which is a nature and education museum which is affiliated with the Virginia Museum of Natural History.
WHY GIVE TO RVF TODAY?
Nelson County is one of the poorest counties in Virginia. Its public schools suffer from reduced budget, challenged students and overcommitted teachers. This past year, RVF provided nearly 20 programs to the schools, including:
- support with environmental studies
- helping create projects for the ecology club
- promotion of an environmental curriculum for the ninth grade
- the offering of student internships.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU GIVE?
All of this takes funding. While any sized contribution is greatly appreciated, the size donation of the donation will affect the extent to which our programs can be supported. Some of these programs, and associated costs, are listed below. With your support, these programs will continue to provide environmental education opportunities for underserved youth:
- $20 adds one more hour to our part-time educator.
- $50 supports environmental education programs to continue
- $75 helps us create future projects for ecology clubs
- $100 allows us to further improve and promote our environmental curriculum
- $200 covers a field trip for an entire class to visit RVF and experience outdoor education
- $500 allows an entire grade of students to participate in a RVF education program
Thanks for your support. Support environmental literacy. Help get kids outdoors to EAT MORE DIRT!
You can donate through our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/100000541944149/posts/3041952835832751/ where all donations will be matched by Facebook on Giving Tuesday.
Additionally, you can donate to us through the link below.