ROCKFISH VALLEY FOUNDATION
- To enrich the lives of the community and visitors with a rural-touism experience in the Rockfish Valley,
- To preserve the natural, historical, ecological and agricultural resources of the Rockfish Valley
- To encourage recreation, an appreciation of nature and a healthy lifestyle in the Rockfish Valley.
- Trails along the Rockfish River: www.rockfishvalley.org/trails
- 50 mile scenic loop drive around the Blue Ridge Parkway and Three Ridge Mountain nelsonscenicloop.com
- Annual community kite festival every second Sunday in April. (April 8, 2018)
- Spruce Creek Park at 1368 Rockfish Valley Highway which has a Children's Nature Trail, Native Plant Walk, gardens and trails along with the Rockfish Valley Foundation Natural History Center. The latter is open 10-4 during season on Saturday and Sunday. Plenty of picnic tables.
We also have extensive river trails, geology trail, and birding trails recognized by VA DGIF and US Audubon Society. We are available for field trips and tours of the natural history center.
Rockfish Valley Foundation is a public foundation recognized under Internal Revenue Code section 501c3 and as such is permitted to receive donations. A copy of the 501(c)3 is available upon request. View our 990 forms
Please contact us:
Rockfish Valley Foundation
1368 Rockfish Valley Highway
P.O. Box 235
Nellysford, VA 22958