- This event has passed.
Historic District Celebration Event
September 18, 2016, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Come out to celebrate the establishment of the:
South Rockfish Valley Rural Historic District
10th anniversary of the Rockfish Valley Foundation
Three Chimneys historic landmark
RECOGNIZED BY COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA (JUNE 16, 2016) AND THE
U. S. DEPT OF INTERIOR, NATIONAL PARK SERVICE (AUGUST 15, 2016)
10TH ANNIVERSARY of the ROCKFISH VALLEY FOUNDATION
THIS IS A FREE
COMMUNITY EVENT OPEN TO ALL
2-5 P.M. SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2016
at THREE CHIMNEYS A VIRGINIA HISTORIC LANDMARK LOCATED AT:
3042 Rockfish Valley Highway in Nellysford OPPOSITE THE FARMERS MARKET IN NELLYSFORD
From reels and waltzes to jigs and airs, Confluence brings you the rich musical treasury of Appalachia and beyond. Rollicking dance tunes from Cape Breton give way to haunting Celtic melodies, fiddle tunes from North Carolina, and New England waltzes.
SCHEDULE FOR THE OPEN HOUSE CELEBRATION IS AS FOLLOWS:
- 2:00 – 3:00 Welcome, Music, Tours and introductions
- 3:00 – 5:00 Tours, Remarks and Music by Confluence
- Remarks throughout the day by those who worked on the district application from 2009 – 2016 including: Mary Ruffin Hanbury, Peter Agelasto, Reps from the Virgina Dept. of Historic Resources in Richmond, Nelson County Officials, Gene Hughes on Wintergreen Cemetary and others.
- Guided tours of the the House and Farm by the current owners, Rockfish Valley Foundation and the Nelson County Historical Society Volunteers.
- Tours with Thomas Jefferson Soil and Water Conservation District Staff along the South Rockfish River Conservation project and the newly established Farm Trail at Three Chimneys Farm
- Displays by Tuckahoe Antiques of 18th Century households and farm goods with special guests to answer questions.
Event undertaken with the support of the Nelson County Historical Society.
Refreshments provided by sponsors:
- Tuckahoe Antiques – principal exhibitor, sponsor and social media coordinator
- Bold Rock Cider – cash donations
- Whole Foods, Fresh Foods and Foods of all Nations
- *AND A BIG THANKS TO THE OWNERS OF THREE CHIMNEYS*